Application Configuration Random Values
This tutorial takes you through setting up a .NET Core application that gets a random value for a config setting.
First, create a .NET Core WebAPI that has a placeholder implemented.
- Create a new ASP.NET Core WebAPI app with the Steeltoe Initializr
- Name the project "RandomValueExample"
- Add the "Random value" dependency
- Click Generate Project to download a zip containing the new project
- Extract the zipped project and open in your IDE of choice (we use Visual Studio)
Run the application
dotnet run <PATH_TO>\RandomValueExample.csproj
Navigate to the endpoint (you may need to change the port number) http://localhost:5000/api/values
Once the app loads in the browser you will see three random values output.